Friday, September 24, 2010

2 years ago...

Remembering back to two years ago....

How can it have been that long ago already? It all seems like just last week!

I can remember the bedrest, how ABSOLUTELY miserable I was, hospital stays, medicine that was created by the devil himself, waiting and wondering when they were going to come, if they were going to be ok, what life was going to be like when we had 3 - count 'em, 3 babies!!

The day they were born was such a hard, wonderful day. We had talked to the doc that morning trying to figure out what to do. I was beyond sick, miserable, in pain and scared. The doc said we could deliver - but I could not make that decision. I wanted to say yes, so so bad! But we oth knew we couldn't make that decision for the health of our babies. So we were waiting, I was crying, when a new doc came in and spiked my meds WAY up - he didn't know I wasn't handling them well. Well that shot my blood pressure through the roof and I was heading into pre-eclampsia. So, the decision was made for me.

We rushed around, prepared and headed into the delivery room. We had 3 Doctors and 10 nurses in our surgery. Quite the crew! I caught quick glimpses of the kids as they took them out and rushed them over to their area to work with them and make sure they were ok!

They were ok praise the Lord! They still needed some with their breathing and eating. But prefectly, heathy little babies! And boy were they little!! It's so hard to remember, to picture it anymore. But the were small and wonderful! I was so in love! Madison was barely 3lbs - she dropped into the 2 pound area after birth but caught up quickly!

I was able to see them a few hours after they were born. SO sad to wait and not just hold them! But I was sick after the surgery so they gave me meds that KNOCKED me out so I didn't throw up and hurt my freshly cut into stomach. They wheeled me threw the NICU on my way up to recover. I didn't get to see them again until the next day. I can't tell you how hard it was.

Jason wheeled me down first thing the next day to see the kiddos! Cam was the only one ready to be held but I got to hold him!! That was amazing! I wasn't able to stay too long as I was still adjusting to being upright from the bedrest. I was also still pretty messed up from the drugs they had been giving me to stop labor. It takes a while to get those out!
They were amazing - this was one of the BEST days of my life! We were (and are) SO blessed by these miracles! They are growing up so fast! I miss those tiny babies, but at the same time they are so fun and cute now! I look forward to this next year and all the things they will do and say!


No comments: