Monday, April 30, 2012

Celebrating a special lady

We planned a surprise birthday for Aunt Boo this year. She is always so sweet and always doing for everyone in this family! So it was time to do something special for her! She really holds a special place in my heart - one of my dearest friends!
 When I was preggo with the triplets Jason was, as usual, working out of town. It's no secret that I struggle with staying by myself at night but since I was a high risk pregnancy Jason and I were not comfortable with staying by myself. So he suggested I ask Aunt Boo if I could stay with her some nights and my parents the other nights. At that point I wasn't as close to her so I hoped she wouldn't think it was weird.... And she didn't - she said she'd love to have me. So I started staying with her and got to know her so well! I am so glad I asked - it started a wonderful friendship!
 She started staying at my house when I was on bedrest (as well as a few other faithful gals!) We love the same shows and movies and always have fun staying up late visiting and watching movies! And once the babies were born she continued to come stay and help with the kiddos over night and during the day as needed.
And now, 4 years later she is still staying with me a couple times a week when Jason is gone. She helps keep me company and get a good night sleep. My kids adore her and so do I!
 Happy Birthday Aunt Boo - We sure do love you!
These were the pretty yummy rolo caramel chocolate cupcakes with a reeeallllyy buttery frosting and chocolate ganache....yep!

No comments: